- Six Cup Classic Series Coffeemaker (30oz.)
- Small pack of CHEMEX® Bonded Filters
- Glass coffeemaker cover
- Coffeemaker cleaner
OTTOMATIC LIMITED WARRANTY
- 1 year limited warranty from date of original purchase.
- This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim.
- Defects that occurred due to improper connection, improper handling, or repair attempts by non-authorized persons are not covered by the warranty. The same applies for failure to comply with the use of consumables (e.g. cleaning and decalcifying agents or water filters) that do not correspond to the original specifications.
- Routine parts and fragile parts like glass are excluded from the warranty.
- The appliance was designed and built for use as a coffee maker only. It is not intended for any other use
- The appliance was designed and built for non-commercial use only.
- Damages due to use which is improper or contrary to instruction and damage due to abuse are not under responsibility of the manufacturer and are not covered by the warranty.
- The warranty becomes void if repairs are attempted or carried out by third parties who are not authorized by the manufacturer and/or if replacement parts other than the genuine Chemex parts are used.
- This limited warranty replaces and supersedes all other warranties express or implied. except where otherwise limited by law.
To make a warranty claim please email email@example.com
Step 1: Plug In
Place appliance on a level surface and plug machine into a wall socket. PLEASE NOTE: 120V Ottomatic Coffeemakers will not operate in countries with different voltage requirements.
Step 2: Prep
Fill the tank with cold water to the maximum capacity of 8 cups and switch the appliance to the "II" position to allow water to run through into glass CHEMEX® carafe (no coffee).
Step 3: Prep Cooldown
Allow appliance to cool down for 5 minutes before repeating process. Do this at least two times before brewing with coffee.
Water measurements: Use either the cup measurements on the water tank on the Ottomatic, or the glass CHEMEX® carafe to measure your water. Be sure not to exceed the capacity of your glass carafe (30 ounces for 6 cup, 40 ounces for 8 cup).
Step 4: Get into the grind
Grind your favorite whole bean coffee to a medium coarse ground.
Step 5: The Brew clip
The brew clip provides an additional air channel to prevent slow flow rate. Place the "brew clip" on glass CHEMEX® carafe, opposite side of the pouring spout.
Step 6: Filter up
Open a CHEMEX® Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone shape so that one side of the cone has three layers, and place it into the top of the brewer. The thick three-layer portion should cover the pouring spout.
Step 7: The scoop
One rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for every 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. Feel free to use more if you prefer it stronger; our CHEMEX® brewing process eliminates bitterness.
Brewing with Hot Plate Activated: Set switch to single line "I". A solid red light will appear below the word "CHEMEX®" found on the base plate. It will remain on throughout the brew process. Upon completion of the brew process, the red light will change to a solid white light. Leave glass Chemex carafe in place for another minute or two to allow for all water to filter through. Remove filter, enjoy!
Hot Plate automatically shuts off after 30 minutes, this is indicated by the white light blinking. Hot Plate can be reactivated for another 30 minutes by pressing the switch to the "O" position and then back to the single line "I" position. The white light will become solid again.
Brewing with Hot Plate Deactivated: (This method can be used to make Iced beverages): Set switch to double line "II" A solid red light will appear below the word "CHEMEX®" found on the base plate. It will remain on throughout the brew process. Upon completion of the brew process, the red light will change to a blinking white light.
Leave glass Chemex carafe in place for another minute or two to allow for all water to filter through. Remove filter, enjoy!
Final Step: Enjoy the perfect cup
Pour your freshly made coffee into your CHEMEX® mug and indulge in the flavor.
- You have three days from receipt of product to report breakage or errors in shipping
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase simply return the item, within 30 days of receipt.
- The item must be in its original packaging and include all documentation.
- We will only accept products for refund or exchange within a 30 day period after you receive it.
- We are not responsible for items that arrive to us broken or are lost in transit. We recommend using a carrier that will insure the products you are returning.
- We are not responsible for the cost of returning an item for exchange or refund.
- We do not warranty against traumatic breakage of Chemex products.
- We do not offer exchanges or refunds on items not bought directly from Chemex Corp. Please contact the store which the products were originally purchased from for assistance with these transactions.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES FOR APPAREL
If there are any problems with your order or you did not receive all of your items, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not completely satisfied with the product, we will refund your money, minus the original shipping charge. To do this please return your item in the shipping package, include all documentation and send back within 1 week of receipt.
You will be refunded via your original method of payment. Once your returned items are received in our warehouse it can take up to 10 business days to process the return. Once the refund has been issued it usually takes 2-3 business days for the refund to clear.
If you have purchased Chemex items from one of our stockists (either online or in store) then your contract of sale is with them. Therefore items you wish to return, or if they are damaged/defective must be returned to the original place of purchase.
***To process your return you must request a Return Authorization Number from our customer service team via phone 1.413.331.4460 or email email@example.com to ensure you receive a timely replacement or refund.***